"O' Be JoyFull"TM Historical Tours & Entertainment
P.O. Box 1148, Thomas Hall, (Rectory of St. Peter's Catholic Church)
110 Church St., Harpers Ferry, WV, 25425
(732) 801-0381 * RickGMail@comcast.net
"O' Be JoyFull's"TM Educational Programs all offer unique, exciting and motivational learning experiences by combining historical songs and stories about 19th Century American Cultural Traditions, Music and American Civil War History.
Programs running 45 minutes, or longer, are designed to grab the students attention with a dynamic high energy presentation that they will long remember, learn and benefit from!
Just a few of the multi-dimensional and cultural topics that the students will learn about include...
* The 19th Century's most popular social customs and entertainment pastimes.
* The most popular musical instruments of the era.
* The most influential and prolific American composers who were at the forefront and were the roots of the American Popular Music Industry, including "The Father of American Popular Music," and how he shaped our present day music industry.
* "The Father of the American Brass Band," who John Phillip Sousa credited with teaching him everything he knew about brass band music.
* The most enduring and popular songs of the 19th Century and the American Civil War.
* The use of traditional Irish melodies in 19th Century American Music.
* Music's significance and daily impact on both citizens and soldiers.
* The motivational role of music and songs during the American Civil War.
Every "O' Be JoyFull" Educational Program is a dynamic high energy historical presentation that involves the students in an exciting and motivational learning experience!
"O' Be JoyFull" Educational Programs have been presented for various schools, museums, visitor centers, Civil War re-enactments and events, fairs and festivals, as well as numerous other venues, including...
Logan County Middle School, Logan, WV
Rebellion In The Hills Re-enactment, Logan, WV
Loudoun County Middle Schools, Leesburg, VA
Harpers Ferry Civil War Round Table, Harpers Ferry, WV
Gettysburg Civil War Round Table, Gettysburg, PA
The Pipe Creek Civil War Round Table, Westminster, MD
Thomas Middeton Civil War Round Table, Toms River, NJ
The Capital Children's Museum, Washington, D.C.
The Gettysburg National Park, Gettysburg, PA
Lehigh Valley Civil War Days, Whitehall, PA
The Longstreet Living History Farm, Holmdel, NJ
The Rupp House History Center, Gettysburg, PA
The Civil War Institute, Gettysburg, PA
The National Apple Harvest Festival, Arendtsville, PA
The Bell Boyd House & Museum, Martinsburg, WV
Harpers Ferry Old Tyme Christmas, Harpers Ferry, WV